Candidates jumpmaster each other during the course. The course starts with one on one and a half day of classroom instruction. You will get evaluated on ground training and on your jumpmaster skills.
|Static Line Instructor Rating Course|
DISCOUNT $100 for USPA AFF and IAD Instructors
|Static-Line Instructor Course - Skydive City||8:30 am - 5:00 pm | March 24 - 26, 2023||Register|
**ALL COURSES ARE PRICED FOR CASH PAYMENTS ** COURSE CANCELLATIONS WILL INCUR A $50 FEE TO THE DEPOSIT**
To participate in a USPA Static-line Instructor course you must meet the following critera:
- Be 18 years old
- USPA membership
- Hold a USPA C-license. USPA requires all course candidates to hold a USPA license. We can help with the USPA license application if needed.
- Hold or have held any USPA instructional rating (Coach or higher.)
- Have the Static-Line pre-course activity signed off in your USPA profile
You need to have a current SIM and IRM for the course. (current = not older then 24 months) These can be ordered from USPA. (see below for downloads and links for purhcase).
The Pre-course activity:
The pre-course activities, or pre-requisites, are the best preparation tool for any rating course. Not only are they required before joining the course, but they will also give you an edge and a taste of what it's like to work with students. After you have enrolled in a USPA rating course, you will be able to go into your online USPA profile, under credential->education->"view my pre-reqs for rating course" and there you will be able to see all the pre-course activities. Your instructor can sign them off online through the "verify" function on their USPA profile. Make sure you get them all signed off before arriving at the course.
The online exam:
One of the requirements to pass the Static-line or IAD rating course is pass the IRM online exam with at least an 80%. This can be done online after you are enrolled in a course, but before you arrive at the actual course.
The exams you have to do for this course are the General Instructor test and the Static-Line Instructor exam. All candidates must complete the written exams prior to attending the course.
Candidates jumpmaster each other during the course. The course starts with one on one and a half day of classroom. You will get evaluated on ground training and on jumpmaster skills.
Requirements to pass the course:
- Demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of static-line rigging procedures for direct bag and static line assist
- Complete a satisfactory Category B ground training
- Complete a satisfactory Category D freefall and canopy training (coach rating holders only)
- Score satisfactory on a category D jump(coach rating holders only)
- Score satisfactory on jumpmastering 2 Static-Line "students" including the competence to spot
- Demonstrate competence to gear up and check a student
- Pass the written IRM exam with at least 80%
Lenght of the course:
The length of the course depends on the size of the group. Usually it takes 2-3 days to complete a full course